Congratulations to Cilla Roughley, who correctly guessed that the Church of the Larger Fellowship is the largest congregation in the Unitarian Universalist Association. It currently has approximately 3300 members, more than double the largest “physical” congregation.
The Church of the Larger Fellowship is in some ways an extension of the old Post Office Missions. As for CLF’s actual founding, it is best dated to 1944, when the American Unitarian Association created the Church of the Larger Fellowship; the Universalists followed with their own version in 1947. However, it is worth noting that the CLF was intended as a resurrection of the Church of All Souls, the Unitarian congregation for geographically dispersed individuals founded in 1903, which had become defunct by 1944.